We’ve teamed up with our top ferments producers to offer you a great selection of bubbly goodness for the gut, at a highly competitive discount for the month of November.
Unfamiliar with some of these producers? Now is the oppurtunity to try something new! We’ve made this promotion a special mix & match style deal, giving you the chance to try something new AND get a deal on SKU’s that you already carry. So, what are you going to try? Stock up on gut health today by heading here.
- "We are a small family-based fermentation company located in the High Peaks of the Adirondacks. About a decade ago I found myself chronically ill with an autoimmune disease. A myriad of medications and intolerable side effects ensued, I knew there had to be a better way. Wild fermentation and a deeper understanding of the gut biome held the key. I am no longer sick and am constantly wowed by the powerful unseen world of probiotic microbes.
Small Town Cultures was born out of this experience. I am passionate about sharing our all-natural, handcrafted gourmet preserves. Our goal is to make healthy plant-based ferments that you and your body will crave.
Dave and Carly Dougherty, the husband and wife team behind Food and Ferments, fell in love with fermentation soon after they met while working together at A Full Plate Cafe in Philadelphia. With roots in farming and food, theirs was a path that quickly led to quarts of sauerkraut and gallons of kombucha fermenting in all corners of their Powelton Village apartment. Their love affair with all things sour hasn't stopped since. In 2012 they launched Food and Ferments, and became one of the first companies in Philadelphia to offer a wide range of naturally fermented food and drinks.
In the fall of 2014, Food and Ferments relocated to central New York, building a kitchen at Twin Oaks Dairy- an operational organic farm still run by Carly's family- complete with fertile land, wooded forests, and breathtaking views. They now make their ferments atop a hill on the farm, surrounded by family, pasturing cows, and the occasional visitor. Their vision is one of a hybrid life--days spent shredding cabbage and culturing kombucha in the country, paired with weekends traveling to cities and local towns, selling goods to their fans spanning the east coast from Philadelphia to Upstate New York.
It is their hope that Food and Ferments can play a part in helping to renew and revitalize the time honored food tradition of fermentation, which promotes good health and celebrates culture, on both the microscopic and societal levels.
Buffalo's only fermentation and pickle shop located in Buffalo's Black Rock Neighborhood.
Hawthorne Valley Farm (est. 1972) is a diversified, 900-acre Demeter certified 650A Biodynamic farm (Demeter remains the oldest ecological certification organization in the world) in upstate New York. Our farm is also USDA certified organic and Animal Welfare Approved. Learn more about these certifications here.
By definition, Biodynamic is a comprehensive form of organic farming that heals the planet through regenerative agriculture.
- Sustainable farming means healthy farms. Biodynamic farming is a regenerative approach that emphasizes self-sustainability.
- Wholesome food means healthy people. Biodynamic farmers never use GMOs, synthetic chemicals, fertilizers or pesticides.
- Holistic stewardship means a healthy planet. Biodynamic farms integrate plants, animals, water, air and soil into a regulating ecosystem.
Latest posts by Tony Muraca (see all)
- New! Sweet Melissa’s Ice Cream - April 21, 2021
- M&M Eggs and Poultry - April 2, 2021
- All New! Introducing Our Local Italian-Style Meatballs - March 31, 2021